Thursday, August 2, 2007

Friends

friend /frɛnd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation[frend] Pronunciation – noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:

Have you ever just sat back and thought about the friends in your life and wonder what the specific reason God put that certain person in your life is? God has blessed me with plenty of friends, good friends. For awhile there I wondered if I would have any friends that I met that wasn't connected to my children...not that that is a bad thing, but it seemed like every friend I had I had met through the girls. And I'm sure as moms we all experience that.
But as I sit here waiting for one of those friends to come over for coffee and girl chat I feel so blessed to have friends. Of course we keep some of those friends closer to our hearts than others, but they are all special in one way or another.
I sit here and look back over the years and the friends who have come and gone, their season in my life had an impact in one way or another. Then their are others who season seems to be here to stay...thank the good Lord!Angie ~ the bestest friend a girl could ask for. There's really not that many people who you can "really" say what's on your mind, whether good or bad, and know she's not going to get mad & walk away...it goes both way for us.
Rebecca ~ (pictured above) even though she is only a "wee" bit older than me, she is my guidance, my protector and pusher (has made me grow & face things I probably never would have if not for her). We've only taught together for 2 yrs. now, but I feel our souls have always known each other.
My Loopies ~ it's amazing that we have been together for what...10 yrs. now? Boy have we been through it all together; births of our children & grandchildren, marriages, divorces, child rearing (delights & disappointments) and just everyday life.
To all my friends I say:
May you be blessed with good friends. May you be a good friend to yourself.
May you be able to journey to that place in your soul
Where there is great love, warmth, feeling and forgiveness.
May this change you. May it transfigure that which is negative, distant or cold in you.
May you be brought into the real passion, kinship and affinity of belonging.
May you treasure your friends. May you be good to them and may you be there for them;
May they bring you all the blessings, challenges, truth and light that you need on your journey.
May you never be isolated. May you always be in the gentle nest of belonging.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

As one of your Loopies, I want to say thank you, Lisa, for the friend you've been to me (even though we've never met "in real life"). I appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement, especially during some really difficult times in my life. ***Hugs to you!!***